The spice in this chili was truly so scorching Randy experienced to get out of the kitchen, pretty much!
Chef Ricky Hatfield, Bottleworks Hotel’s head chef, joined us nowadays with a pair of Thanksgiving leftover recipe tips like Turkey Chili Verde with Hominy and Seared Swordfish with Cranberry Sage Butter, Chipotle Sweet Potato Puree, Roasted Brussel Sprouts with Pomegranate and Goat Cheese Crumbles
Turkey Chili Verde with Hominy
Having riffs off of the classic Mexican dish Pozole and combining leftover turkey
For the Chili Verde
1.5 pound Shredded Turkey (preferably dim meat)
1 28 oz can full tomatillos
2 4 oz can diced green chilis
1 15 oz can cannellini beans
1 12 oz can white hominy
1 ea Large white onion
1 12 oz can Mexican lager
3 quarts turkey stock (from reserved turkey bones) or hen inventory
1 bunch cilantro
1 tbsp coriander floor
2 tbsp garlic, chopped
1 tbsp cumin floor
As needed canola oil
- Warmth 2 gallon pot on medium large warmth.
- Incorporate onion and prepare dinner right until translucent
- Blend coriander, cumin, garlic and chilis.
- Deglaze Pan with beer, and decrease by fifty percent
- Increase tomatillos and cut down heat to very low. Cook for 20 min stirring to break up tomatillos.
- Blend hominy, beans and turkey. Simmer for 15 min.
- Serve with Contemporary cilantro on leading
Fine Eating Leftovers – Seared Swordfish with Cranberry Sage Butter, Chipotle Sweet Potato Puree, Roasted Brussel Sprouts with Pomegranate and Goat Cheese Crumbles
For the Fish:
4 5oz portions swordfish
2 tbsp Salt
½ tsp white pepper
2 oz oil
For the Butter:
1 cup Cranberry Sauce leftovers
1 pound butter softened
– whip butter with cranberry right up until put together and reserve not refrigerated.
For the Sweet Potato Puree:
1 quart Sweet potatoes (warm)
1 ea chipotle en adobo pepper
½ stick butter
¾ cup milk
¼ cup brown sugar
½ tsp salt
Warm sweet potato and incorporate all components in food processor until finally blended sleek
For the Brussels:
1 pound brussels sprouts (shredded)
¼ cup pomegranate seeds
¼ cup goat cheese crumbles
- Preheat oven to 400 levels.
- Year and Sear fish in pan with compact quantity of oil. After seared on all sides remove from pan.
- Combine Brussels sprouts in pan and tuck fish in the center
- Location pan in oven for 12 min.
- When fish is cooking warm sweet potato combination.
- Place ¼ of Puree on Plate, ¼ of brussels, part of fish
- Major fish with cranberry butter
- Garnish with goat cheese crumbles and pomegranate seeds
For more info visit, bottleworkshotel.com.